Ductless air conditioning operates similarly to a central air conditioning system, creating a comfortable home environment for you and your family. However, where central A/C cools an entire home with ductwork, ductless systems allow for precise and energy efficient cooling. By putting the air conditioning or heat exactly where you need it, you’re not wasting energy cooling or heating rooms you are not living in. Due to its separate zones, it allows you to cool or heat only the most occupied areas of your home.
Other advantages include:
- These multipurpose systems can be used year-round, dehumidifying as well as a supplemental heat source when needed - some rated to heat up to -15 degrees.
- These systems are compact in size, taking up little space.
- These system provide more consistent temperatures and humidity control than traditional window A/C units.
- They provide better indoor air quality, given their ability to ventilate stale indoor air, zap airborne germs, trap particles and control humidity to limit mold and mildew growth.
- They run much more quietly than traditional window A/C units.
- They allow for design flexibility.