Did you know that your hot water heater is the second highest energy using appliance in your home? The average household spends $500-800 per year heating water.
At Wackenhut we know how to choose the best energy-saving options for your home, including tankless water heaters. Here are a couple reasons why you may want to consider going tankless:
- Saves Money – Tankless water heaters have no “stand-by heat loss”, thus, they are able to save you money by only heating the water when you need it. This makes them much more energy efficient, which, in turn, will end up saving you money on your utility bills. An average tankless water heater can reduce energy costs by up to 30% per year!
- Unlimited Hot Water – For many people, the attraction of unlimited hot water that a tankless heater provides is more than enough to justify their purchase. Tankless water heaters are able to deliver unlimited hot water due to the way they work… Since the water is heated as you need it, there’s no running out and no cold showers!
- Longer Lifespan – A conventional water heater has a lifespan of around 8-10 years, while your tankless water heater can last 10-20 years before replacement.
- Space Savings – Tankless units can be placed almost anywhere in the house. They are hung on the wall, either inside or outside of the house (depending on climate). Walk downstairs, notice how big your water heater is and how much room it is occupying - you can regain valuable floor or closet space with a tankless system.
- Cleanliness – Traditional water heaters can build up rust and scale inside their tank, where the hot water you use for bathing and drinking is stored. Sediment buildup and rust from your tank’s interior may result in a contaminated water supply. With tankless water heaters you will experience fresher, cleaner water as water is never held within the confines of a water heater.
Contact the experts at Wackenhut to discuss installing a tankless water heater in your home!